Wondering how to record WhatsApp video calls with voice on Android? Read this article to the end, OK?
Currently, the only way to record WhatsApp video calls is to use a screen recorder app. Some manufacturers or cell phone manufacturers equip their products with a built-in screen recorder application.
However, if your cellphone does not have a built-in screen recorder application, then you need to use a third-party screen recorder application to record WhatsApp video calls. Also, please note that recording WhatsApp video calls with voice is not always possible. What does it mean? See the explanation below.
Recording WhatsApp Video Calls with Voice Is Not Always Possible. No matter which method you try, whether using a built-in screen recorder app or a third-party screen recorder app, you will almost certainly run into one of the following three scenarios:
- Video calls are recorded normally and you can clearly hear the voices of both parties in the recording.
- Video calls are recorded normally, but you can only hear your own voice in the recording.
- Video calls are recorded normally, but without sound at all, be it your voice or the voice of your opponent’s video call.
We then did a standalone experiment by recording WhatsApp video calls on three different phones, one running MIUI, another running RealmeUI, and finally running stock Android. As a result, only one phone, which is running MIUI, can record a complete video call with the voices of both parties.
On phones running stock Android, the recorded WhatsApp video calls fail to capture sound at all, no matter what app they use. Thus, if you currently have a Xiaomi cellphone with the MIUI interface, there is an opportunity to be able to record WhatsApp video calls complete with voice.
How to Record WhatsApp Video Calls with Voice on Xiaomi Phones
On a Xiaomi cellphone, which of course runs the MIUI interface, there is no need for a third-party application to record the WhatsApp video call screen with sound. Just follow the steps below. Steps 1 to 4 you must follow to ensure the voices of both parties are recorded.
- Swipe down on the screen to open the quick settings menu.
- Tap and hold on the Screen Recorder menu to open the Screen Recorder app. If you don’t see the menu, swipe left or right.
- Tap the settings icon at the top right of the Screen Recorder app screen.
- Scroll through the settings page and find an option called Sound source, make sure you select Mic in that section, not System sounds.
- Before starting a WhatsApp video call, go back to the quick settings menu and tap the Screen Recorder menu to start recording the screen.
- Open WhatsApp and make a video call as usual.
- Use the toggle that appears on the screen to end the recording. You can find the recordings in the phone gallery.
How to Record WhatsApp Video Calls with Voice on Another Cellphone
For those of you other cellphone users, please try first to record a WhatsApp video call using the default screen recorder application. If the results aren’t what you expected, try using a third-party screen recorder app.
Here are some recommendations for third-party screen recorder applications that you can use to record WhatsApp video calls. Type in Play Store:
- AZ Screen Recorder
- Screen Recorder – XRecorder
- Super Screen Recorder
- Screen Recorder: Vidma Recorder
Thus information on how to record WhatsApp video calls with voice on Android. Currently, there is no way that can be applied to all mobile phones.